Saturday, November 28, 2009

Oh, to be thankful!

I have pondered SO much lately. Last Sunday at church, pastor Dan made mention of a fact that all believers know: what do you really have when you're gone? We all know that we don't get to take anything with us. I have thought about this and thought about this and came up with the following: It is not what we take with us, but what we leave behind. I truly believe that it is the memories we make, the impressions that last and the love that is too strong to ever fade away. I find myself way too often saying "hold on please, mommy is busy" why have I or do I ever say that? Yes there are times where I can't drop everything I am doing, but honestly, there is always enough time to take a few moments to acknowledge the true joys in a childs life. I strive daily to be involved with the kids and the ALL the mischeif they can come up with :) It is so funny to me, to see what is SO funny to them. I am truly blessed with two of the most wonderful children ever... as Miles has said a time or two... we have really outdone ourselves!
Below are a few recent pictures of the kids :) Maddy has "fully" entered the independent stage. Whether it is dressing herself, going potty, eating etc., she wants to do it "all by myself". She is such a great big sister and I am so thankful for her being so willing to help. She loves dressing up! And always asks "am I looking cute" I love it. We go through our spats of the treterous threes, but I think I have mastered (keeping my fingers crossed) how to handle them.

Maddox has just in the past few day REALLY started to talk or jabber. He know a few signs and uses them when he wants more, and milk and his favorite word is daddyeeee. He is such a joy for a little man. He is just a very well natured, mild mannered little guy. As long as he has his milk, a snack and of course the infamous June Puppy he is good to go.  He is our lil' chunker bean which Maddy loves to call him now, along with all of the other names she has for him. He has his 15 month check up on Monday, but is weighing somewhere around 27 pounds I am guessing.

It has been Christmas around here for a week. I couldn't stand it, and we put the tree up last weekend. Maddy loved to help decorate everything was really in one spot and as far as she could reach, but she was SO proud! I ordered a new tree skirt and it came in the other day. When I got it out of the package I told Maddy that the tree was going to wear a skirt, she just laughed. Once I got the skirt on she said "dance tree, dance, you have a skirt on, dance" what a goof ball. The only thing missing from my Christmas decor wish list is a train for under the tree. I ordered one, got it in and well, it was a hunk of junk, so it went back. I WILL find one! :)

For those who really know me, know my passion for photography and design. I have recently, slowly but surely started to persue my dream! I have started to do some freelance photography and have been doing some freelance advertising for the past 4 years. I am almost beside myself in excitment for all of this to come together. My site is: http://www.turquoisespurdesigns.com/

I know this has been quite the long post and if you have read this far, bless you! I do want to add one more thing: thank you to all of my family and friends who have always been there and will continue to be, no matter what. I am so greatful to be blessed with such a loving family and a group of friends who could NEVER be replaced.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and is looking forward to a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!




1 comment:

betsy green said...

Amy,
I didn't know you were a photographer! I looked at your site: LOVE the picture on the train tracks and all the ones of your little ones. GREAT work!