Saturday, December 26, 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

So I really am greatful for a white Chirstmas (which was lovely I might ad) but I must say a white Christmas in the South is much different than a white Christmas in the North!

I like at Thanksgiving time waited until well Christmas Eve to get groceries. It just happended that it decided to become literally a blizzard on Christmas eve in the great state of Oklahoma. Me driving my rear wheel drive Expedition ventured off to town about noon and only had a few (3) stops to make. Well, it was quite the adveture to say the least, but to keep this story short and sweet we will just put it like this: 3 gas stations (1 closed due to no electric, 1 with pumps that were frozen and the third one by the grace of god finally was functioning... 12 miles left to spare until empty was able to fill up!) , 2 stores and not once nor twice getting stuck, count them four times getting stuck, one creepy man who pulled me out trying to "ask" me out and returing home at four o'clock with my lovely husband pulling me out of our own drive way for the forth time in one day. To say the least, it was a LONG Christmas Eve.

Christmas is definately my favorite holiday. Maddy was SO funny about Santa this year. We of course talked for a couple months about her being good or he wouldn't come, the weekend before thanksgiving she asked if I was Santa as I beleive I mentioned in my last post (over a month ago... it's been a long month :o). Then, last weekend I took the two kids to see Santa and WOW, it was so special to watch her just gaze at Santa and so calmly walk up to him and climb right up into his lap. She so politely asked him for a lollipop (can you tell we don't give the kids a lot of candy?)  and a puppy toy. She later told Miles that she wanted 3 lollipops, so that is what she got... On Chirstmas Eve, we wrote our letter to Santa and put it in his special letter holder and then we got his plate of cookies ready. We were in the living room and Maddy said hold on mom and she ran to the kitchen and came back with an apple juice box and said we had to leave it on the plate for Rudolph... "he's going to be thirsty too mom". Santa of course spoiled the kids. Granpa Lorne was able to be here with us to witness the madhouse of Christmas morning. We truly have been blessed!

Yesterday afternoon we took Maddy out to play in the snow for a bit, she had a blast!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and will enjoy a prosperous New Year! May God bess you all!

Picture descriptions:
1.) Maddy and Lexi watching Frosty the snowman for the gazillionth time this year 2.) Maddy and Maddox attempting to get a picture in front of the tree prior to opening gifts. 3.) The kids playing in their new playhouse... I LOVE it as much as they do :) 4.) Maddox getting the hang of opening gifts 5.) Maddy waving in the snow 6.) Making Snow Angels 7.) Trying to run through the smaller difts and 8 & 9.) are some pictures of our drifts... good ol' Oklahoma wind blowing created us some good 4' to 6' drifts.







1 comment:

Charity said...

Amy- you sound about like me with your driving luck- we have a rear wheel drive Tahoe...what were we all thinking? Glad you had a great Christmas and hope you all have a Happy New Year!!