Saturday, January 30, 2010

How the days fly by...

It seems as if this is a re-occurring theme to my posts :) Time goes by so darn quickly these days... seriously, it is almost February. I have been thinking about our blog, but just kept thinking about it. So, it is nap time at the Shouts on this VERY cold, snowy and icy Saturday afternoon and thought I would take a few moments to at least include a few recent photos of the kids. They are up to about the same, ear infections, colds, a flu bug and pure orneriness.


Maddox has started at the school where Maddy is and is doing very, very well. I keep getting very good reports on the lil’ man. We are on our third ear infection in 3 months so the doctor wants to talk about tubes when we go in for his 18 month checkup next month. Poor lil’ guy has his mama’s ears I am afraid. He does really well with them, just gets a bit fussy and tugs at his ears. Miles got his first experience with taking one of the kids to the doctors the other day… needless to say it didn’t go real well. No diaper bag, no snacks, no drink and an hour and 45 minutes later he was out of there… (pay backs or coincidence, I am not sure which one).

Maddy is up to her same ol’ lil’ wild child self. My parents said they are not able to pick up some collateral on their wish for me “that I would have a daughter just like I was”. So this came up after me telling them about Maddy’s lollipop stick in her nose incident, that lets just say we had to have tweezers to remove. I think I am going to start a Maddyism’ column on our blog too. She comes up with some pretty funny stuff. She told me going to school the other day that if I were to stand in traffic that I would be squashed like a pancake and have to go to the hospital. She then said “then we would have to get another mommy” I replied “so you want a new mommy?” Maddy “no but if you are a squashed pancake in the hospital, we will have to get a new mommy… from the store.” She definitely has an imagination.

Miles made it back from Denver after being there for 14 days I think. And bless his heart, he missed all of the freezing of waterers to the cows and water lines busting. Bad timing on all the winter weather while he was gone. But, we survived!

I am getting pretty excited and have almost officially started my Jamaican vacation countdown! Mom and I are vacationing in Jamaican in approximately 9 day from today woo hoo! I will have pictures to share upon my return! Until then, be careful and God bless.



No comments: