It always seems that when I get back to this that is a catch up session, but isn't life? So much has been going on since April?! (Really been awhile huh?) I really felt the need to get on here this morning for some reason while I was getting ready for church. I think probably because while getting ready, I tend to reflect on things going on and the giant "I need to do list".
This morning while getting ready, I was thinking about where I was last Sunday. Many who keep up with my blog know where I was... The GREAT state of Indiana! It was a quick and heartfelt-emotional trip.
As I set here typing, I am thinking back to a conversation my Little G and I had a couple weeks ago. "No matter how hard to try to prepare yourself, you are truly never ready for something like this." I have thought about her saying this to me, and it is SO true. Life is truly a gift from God. He gives us the tools and wisdom that we need in life and it is truly up to them to make the best use of them. We are truly never ready to loose the ones we love. No matter how much they may drive us crazy! Everything truly does happen for a reason.
Even though it was a sad occasion for my quick trip home, it was SO good to see great man who has been there not only as a husband to my grandma, but a true friend to many. Don is finally at peace. He was so peaceful laying there. It was refreshing to see him not hooked up to oxygen.
Little G~ I know you miss him dearly, we all do and will. However, I KNOW you will once again be able to live with him and Grandpa Buckey in eternity. (Only after you have lived to be 120 years old.. "wink, wink") We will have to get Maddy to teach YOU some dance moves after you teach her some, so you can take some new moves to Heaven to dance on the tables with! :) I LOVE you so much Little G~ can't wait for your trip to Oklahoma!
Just a little FYI
11 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment